Momordica charantia also known as bitter melon, bitter gourd, bitter squash, or balsam-pear is a plant that has been used as a natural anti-diabetic.
Also, this plant is a true gift from the nature and a great aid for people suffering from malignant diseases.
The seeds of bitter melon are white when unripe and it turns red when they are ripe. The vegetable-fruit turn reddish-orange when ripe and becomes even bitterer.
According to the latest research, a 5% solution of bitter melon juice can fight pancreatic cancer. This vegetable-fruit destroys cancel cell lines by 90 and 98%.
Health Benefits of Bitter Melon
– It cleanses and detoxifies the liver, stimulates blood circulation, and relieves gout pain.
– It stimulates food peristalsis and eases the digestion until the food is finally discharge through the bowel and out of the system.
– It relieves the hang over, as it accelerates the metabolism and it cleanses the liver.
– This vegetable-fruit is rich in beta-carotene which is very helpful to improve the eyesight and relieve the vision problem.
– It is a source of folate which reduces the occurrence of neural tube defect in newborns.
– Regular consumption of its juice helps relieve psoriasis and fungal infections.
– It increases the stability of your immune system and resistance of your body against infections.
– It is rich in polypeptide-P, a phytonutrient which lowers blood sugar.
– Bitter melon contains a special charantin, known to increase glycogen synthesis and glucose uptake in the liver, muscles, and adipose tissues.