In preventing the recurrence of kidney stones patient and doctor has both responsibility, even after they are completely dislodged.
The diet changes are essential if you are trying to prevent the chance of having recurring stones.
The first thing doctors do when making the right choice of food for each patient is analyze the urine and the composition of the stone dislodged.
Specific dietary regimens are just part of the treatment.
These measures include drinking enough fluids, at least a glass every two hours, and before bedtime patients should drink about three liters of water.
At the same time you should try to prevent any possible loss of fluids through excessive sweating, heavy physical activities, tanning, exposure to high temperatures, excessive physical activity, and excessive use of medications for bowel cleansing.
Remember this important reminders to avoid kidney stone:
– Carbonated drinks
– Concentrated sugar
– Including honey and fruit syrup
– sweets or artificial sweeteners
– Salty food
Additional foods that are prohibited to avoid kidney stones:
1. If the analysis shows that calcium and oxalates (calcium-oxalate stones) are dominant in the stone, the patients should avoid green vegetables, and beetroot as well, and from the fruits these patients should reduce the consumption of apples, grapefruit, currants, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and plums.
2. Lamb and mutton are also on this list, followed by coffee, cocoa, chocolate, Coke and strong tea. It is also important to be more careful when consuming homemade tea, including mint, chamomile, parsley and fruit tea.
3. If the kidney stones show large amounts of phosphates, the patient should avoid fish, yolk, eggs, milk (not more than 1 glass of milk daily and half a liter of yoghurt) and dairy products.
– It is especially important to avoid old full-fat (sheep) cheese and hard yellow cheese, including Edamer, Emmental and Parmesan cheese.
4. In cases of urate stone and sand, the patients should avoid consuming internal organ meat, including liver, brain, kidneys, bone marrow (found in soups).
– These patients should also avoid eating peas, beans, lentils, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts, soybeans and mushrooms.
Note: Water helps the kidneys eliminate toxins and stops the creation of kidney stones and infections. If you still can not drink large amounts of water, carry a water bottle with you. This will remind you to drink more even in cases when you do not have it on hand.
We hope that this brief article is informative to you, share this post so that you can also inform others about this and might help them a lot.