It can be disheartening to deal with hair loss, and see your tresses thinning over time.
Although, there might be a gazillion products out there that promise to restore your locks to their former glory, they don’t really live up to their claims.
If you are seeking a surefire way to achieve hair growth, there is one ingredient that has lain unconsidered and overlooked – the humble onion.
Is It Safe To Use Onions?
It is completely safe to use onion for preventing hair loss and promoting hair growth as onion helps in hair growth without any side effects or causing allergies.
You can use onion as a natural remedy if you have receding hair line or bald patches.
How Does Onion Help In Hair Growth?
Onions have rich sulfur content in them. Onion juice when applied on the scalp alone or in combination with other hair loss remedies can improve the blood circulation to the scalp.
Sulfur also improves the production of collagen tissues which is necessary for the growth of hair.
Furthermore, the sulfur content in the juice also has anti-bacterial properties and prevents the growth of fungi and bacteria on the scalp which reduces the chances of losing hair due to these infections.
How to Make Onion Rinse For Hair Growth
1. Peel the onions and chop them into small pieces.
2. Squeeze the juice out. To extract the juice, you can use a food processor, a blender, a grater or a juicer.
3. Massage the juice into your scalp or cover the bald patches.
4. Leave on for at least 15 minutes (longer if you can tolerate the smell) and then wash out using a mild shampoo.
1. Mix ¼ cup of onion juice with 1 tablespoon of honey (if more mixture is required, double the amounts).
2. Apply the paste onto your scalp.Leave it on for at least 30 minutes. You can also cover it with a shower cap and leave it overnight. Rinse it off.